Instagram -->

Come and see me sometime on:

Thursday 5 April 2012

I had THE BEST time ever (picture heavy)

On Sunday another London Modern Quilt Guild meeting was held here:

The store is called Tricolette
(I know you can see that)
and Michael is part owner in it
and he is a brilliant Quilter

and the address is 93 Boundary Road (just off of Abbey Road) NW8 0RG for those of us who live near St. John's Wood and although on the website it mainly says about the knitting yarns that are sold there Michael sells great fabrics and sewing machines by Janome as well as haberdashery and he's a wonderful guy if you go because of this post please tell him I said hello.

Annie is the founder of The London Modern Quilt Guild and it is just amazing.  I really love it.  Everyone is just so nice.  The first meeting of the LMQG was, I believe, in February this year and I attended the March one and had a great time. 

The April one was even better.  Here is a photo of most of us.  Unfortunately it was taken after some of the ladies had left
L-R SydneyDanielle, Natalie, JudithJennifer, AnnieCharlotteChristine,MichaelPennieColetteAtiaPattiSiobhanAmy. I am the one with the square in front of me because I spilled coffee down me!!
Annie started out the meeting by saying that Aneela Hoey couldn't attend until the end of the summer due to prior commitments.  Then 30 seconds later who walked into the store but Aneela with Pennie (who's birthday it was the next day).  If you don't know who Aneela is, 
she is one of the designers for Moda Fabric and her designs include Sherbert Pips, Little Apples and A Walk In The Woods.  I have all three designs and am waiting to make something out of them though I have started a quilt for our latest (and last I believe) granddaughter Chloe (also known as Mrs. Peck)
Little Apples by Aneela Hoey
Our task for the month was to make either a Wonky Star block or a Wonky Log Cabin block.  I chose the Wonky Log Cabin block and it's not great to say the least but nobody would allow me to throw it away or give it away.  They said I had to keep it in order that I could see how far I'd progressed next time I quilted something.  Will there be a next time?  Probably.
I really don't like this.  Trust me the quilting
was BAD

Here are some more blocks that were great
This is Ruth with her block

This is Sydney holding her block

I think this is Christine holding her block

I don't know who is holding this one

I know this isn't a block but it is the
beginnings of a quilt by Charlotte

What made this meeting even more special, if it could possible be any more special than having Aneela there, was on Monday it was Pennie's birthday and she and her OH have a catering business and he had made the most wonderful brownies I think I have ever tasted and a wonderful lemon cake too.  I know, I know I'm supposed to be on a diet.  No it's a new eating plan!!! Really???  It certainly feels like a diet to me.  But I had the best hamburger there too for lunch. 

Also Danielle made this wonderful little bag with little hexagons on it that is English Paper Pieced for us all to make.  I'm definitely going to be starting on this one sooner rather than later.

If you would like to try and make it
HERE are the instructions

I do hope you have enjoyed this blog post as much as I have enjoyed reading it.  


Until next time ...
Lots of Love Patti xxx
American by birth and MOUTH but British in every other way

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE it when you leave a comment and I read each and every comment and try to reply to you all.
Patti xxx